To access the reporting system, online or by phone, and for advice on how to report an incident:
HI has a whistleblowing mechanism to report facts or suspicions of misconduct within our organization or with our operating partners.
The centralized system for collecting alerts has now been strengthened, thanks to the introduction of a web-based reporting interface (EthicsPoint), provided by a specialized professional service provider. This reinforced system has several objectives:
- Simplify the reporting in complete safety and confidentiality.
- Optimize the management and analysis of incidents.
- Ensure a high level of compliance with the legal obligations relating to data protection in force in the European Union, the United States and Switzerland.
Caution, this whistleblowing mechanism should not be used to submit, reactivate or track job applications. No follow-up will be given to this type of request.
- Code of conduct
- Anti-fraud, bribery and corruption policy
- Protection of beneficiaries from sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment
- Child protection
- Gifts and hospitality: rules and decision-making aid
All information provided for handling your complaint will be dealt with confidentially and in accordance with the French Data Protection Act of 6 January 1978 as well as the Regulation (European Union) n° 2016/679 of 2016 April, 27th enforced from 2018 May, 25th.
How to report a situation
To report fraud, misconduct or abuse, or a suspicion of fraud, misconduct or abuse involving our Federal headquarters, our national associations or our countries of operation (except Cuba and the Syrian crisis), please click on the link below and complete and submit the relevant complaints forms.
To report on Cuba or the Syrian crisis, please complete and return the relevant internal complaints forms available below.