Rehabilitation Trainer - Emergency Roster
Location: Anywhere in the world
Starting date: 01/04/2022
Duration of the mission: 2 weeks to 1 month
Closing date for applications: 31/08/2022
Posting reference: FR-APGO-03-22-7071
In order to be able to respond to humanitarian emergencies as quickly as possible, HI is setting up an Emergency Roster system: thanks to several levels of pools (internal and external), this mechanism enables HI to mobilise qualified and rapidly available personnel with the aim of improving its reactivity and its response to emergencies.
This Emergency Roster gives professionals the opportunity to go on short deployments, in support of field teams already engaged or in new areas of intervention.
Whether you are looking for short term missions adapted to your lifestyle, or a new experience that is both human and professional, the Emergency Roster offers everyone flexibility and the opportunity to engage with HI's humanitarian mandate in an emergency.
Integration into the Emergency Roster involves a classic recruitment process leading to validation. Subsequently, a deployment proposal may be made to you if your profile matches the needs and subject to your availability and/or constraints.
Responsibility 1 – Expertise
• You provide the technical expertise for your project
• You are familiar with and comply with international technical norms and standards in rehabilitation and your speciality
• You are responsible for the technical quality and relevance of the therapeutic activities implemented in your area of expertise
• You inform your technical referent about identified technical needs
• You improve your technical skills by relying on the good practices identified by HI and the recommendations of the technical referent
• You respect the codes of ethics related to your profession and the organization
• You identify your strengths and areas for improvement together with your technical authority in order to establish a professional development plan
Responsibility 2 - Implementation and follow-up
• You ensure the implementation of therapeutic activities, in collaboration with the appropriate departments and in accordance with international (if not national) procedures and standards
• You assess the rehabilitation needs of beneficiaries and their caregivers and define personalised therapeutic action plans
• You provide rehabilitation services (education and therapeutic care, and technical aids) and adapt treatment plans, exercises and recommendations to ensure continuity in the home environment
• You ensure that care is provided in a person-friendly manner (safe environment, respect for safety rules, dignity, confidentiality)
• You know the relevant referral pathways and report referral needs
• You collaborate with other social, health and rehabilitation professionals involved in the beneficiary's treatment plan
• You ensure a daily quantitative and qualitative report of the activities, thanks to the tools put in place
• You are in charge of supporting and ensuring the professional development of local rehabilitation professionals
• You are responsible for the technical quality and relevance of the training activities implemented in your area of expertise
• You adjust the content of the training according to feedback from the technical referent, participants and project or programme partners
• You adapt your teaching skills based on the lessons learned and good practices identified from the project and the context
Responsibility 3 – Influence
• You participate in the qualitative analysis of the project in order to adapt the activities according to the needs of the beneficiaries and the context
• You contribute to the reputation of the organization’s rehabilitation expertise
• You have a state diploma (bachelor level) in rehabilitation (physiotherapy, occupational therapy and P&O)
• You are an expert in a specialty (trauma, amputation care, intensive care breathing, respiratory physiotherapy intensive care-resuscitation or burn care)
• You have a minimum of 3 years clinical experience and 2 years in a area of expertise within the last 5 years
• You have a first experience in a multicultural context
• You have at least 1 year experience in capacity building
• You have a first experience in a hospital environment
• You have already worked in a context with limited resources
• You are flexible, responsive and open-minded
• You are fluent in English
At HI, the conditions offered are up to your commitment and adapted to the context of your mission. https://hi.org/en/join-the-team
• International contract from 2 weeks to one month
• The international contract provides social cover adapted to your situation:
o Unemployment insurance benefits for EU nationals
o Pension scheme adapted to the situation of our employees: If you already have a personal pension scheme HI will contribute at the same level of your personal monthly contribution with a maximum of 272.53€/month ; If you do not have a personal pension scheme, we will open a private pension account with your contribution of 272.53€/month and a contribution of HI of the same amount
o Medical coverage with 50% of employee contribution
o Repatriation insurance paid by HI
• Salary: from 2270 € gross/month upon experience
• Perdiem: will be calculated according to the context and paid in local currency on the field
• Hardship: the allocation of a hardship (from 0 to 500€) and its amount will depend on the context on the ground
• Paid leaves: 25 days per year;
• R&R: according to the level of the mission
• Position: unaccompanied
? Payment for travel costs (air ticket & visa) and transport of your personal effects (from 12 months of mission)
? Mission of more than 12 months : a child allowance of 100€ per month, per child (from the second child) paid in the field
• Housing: Collective taken in charge by HI
PROTECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA :
The information requested as part of your application is registered in a database managed by Handicap International - Humanity & Inclusion (HI), which has a Data Protection Officer (DPO - email@example.com).
They are processed for the purpose of:
The provided information will be kept for a period of 24 months after your last contact or until you request its removal.
This information can be transferred within the HI network and particularly outside the European Union.
In case of a data transfer to a country outside the European Union, rules ensuring the protection and security of these data have been put in place.
In accordance with the law " computing and liberties " and the European regulation, by contacting our DPO (firstname.lastname@example.org), you have the right to access, rectify, limit, portability, erase and oppose the use of your personal data. In case of difficulty, you can file a complaint with the CNIL (Commission Nationale de l'Informatique et des Libertés in France).