MEAL & Communication Officer
Starting date: 01/08/2022
Duration of the mission: 24 mois
Closing date for applications: 10/07/2022
Posting reference: DE-IPT-06-22-7332
HI is implementing two global projects on inclusive humanitarian action. One is a HI flagship project, funded by ECHO, to develop programming and coordination tools and guidance for disability-inclusive humanitarian action. The other project is the third phase of the ‘Leave no one behind’ project series (LNOB). Both are building on the existing practices developed through inter-agency efforts on inclusive coordination, capacity development and programming by HI and other humanitarian actors, including Organizations of Persons with Disabilities (OPDs).
HI is seeking a MEAL (monitoring evaluation accountability learning) & Communication Officer. He will ensure effective and efficient implementation of HI’s MEAL and communication strategy and related approaches for the “Leave no one behind” and “From Guidelines to Action” projects through establishing and strengthening M&E systems, capacity development and knowledge management. He will support the two projects also with regard to internal and external communication efforts. This will require collaboration with the respective country project teams focal persons and project partners.
The MEAL & communication Officer will join the Governance and Inclusive Humanitarian Action unit within the Protection & Risk Reduction Department. The unit consists of 11 staff members under the supervision of a manager. The team members are scattered across the USA, Canada, France, Belgium and Germany.
The ambition is to support the operationalization and localization of the IASC GL by humanitarian actors, including OPDs, through various activities on global, national and local level, including “Review, Adapt & Action Learning Labs” (RAAL Labs) for disability inclusive coordination, data collection and programming in sectors, such as WASH, protection, health and food security.
Your main responsibilities are:
• Spearhead the development and implementation of MEAL Plan.
• Ensure adequate project monitoring in relation to project objectives and learning of teams.
• Actively contribute to MEAL Data Management
• Capacity building and support to Project Teams
• Support Communication for both projects
• Participate in team meetings;
• Any other tasks deemed necessary by the line manager.
You have an academic background or equivalent vocational training or work experience within fields of MEAL, Project Management, Social or Political Sciences, Development or Humanitarian Studies, Journalism and other related fields.
o Training in Information Management:
• At least 2 years’ working in the monitoring and evaluation role involving designing, implementation, analysis and assessments.
• At least 2 years of engaging in external and internal project related communication & write-ups.
• Experience of analyzing and interpreting both, quantitative and qualitative information, and communicating findings.
• Strong experience in developing data collection systems for qualitative and quantitative information.
o Experience writing writing sound reports, snapshots and developing engaging communication products in cooperative manner.
If possible, you have:
• Training in or relevant work experience in at least one statistical data analysis software: EPI Info, SPSS, Excel or STATA
• Training in Project Monitoring and Evaluations
• Training in Journalism, Communications
Required skills :
• Demonstrated understanding of MEAL principles and practices.
(Results and indicators monitoring - Accountability to populations: participatory, non-discriminatory and responsible approaches)
• Excellent assessment skills including quantitative and qualitative methods.
• Ability to perform data analysis using: Excel, SPSS EPI Info or similar data analysis software.
• Fluency in English: written and spoken and strong communication skills;
• High familiarity with advanced online communication skills and relevant communication and team work software
Softskills: You have
• Ability to work under high pressure
• Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills
• Good communication and networking skills
• Strong interest in the fields related to HI mandate
• If possible, strong result oriented with ability to challenge existing mindsets.
• English compulsory
• French / German will be a supplementary asset.
Type of contract : fixed term contact (24 months)
The salary conditions and additional benefits will be presented to you during the HR interview.
PROTECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA :
The information requested as part of your application is registered in a database managed by Handicap International - Humanity & Inclusion (HI), which has a Data Protection Officer (DPO - firstname.lastname@example.org).
They are processed for the purpose of:
The provided information will be kept for a period of 24 months after your last contact or until you request its removal.
This information can be transferred within the HI network and particularly outside the European Union.
In case of a data transfer to a country outside the European Union, rules ensuring the protection and security of these data have been put in place.
In accordance with the law " computing and liberties " and the European regulation, by contacting our DPO (email@example.com), you have the right to access, rectify, limit, portability, erase and oppose the use of your personal data. In case of difficulty, you can file a complaint with the CNIL (Commission Nationale de l'Informatique et des Libertés in France).